Monday, January 7, 2013

Races for 2013.

2013 has barely started and I have already booked myself for the next 7 months. I won't lie. It is freaking me out a bit. Specially the one in July. Here is a Laundry list of races I have signed up so far:

  1. Way Too Cool 50 Km (WTC) on March 09.
  2. American River 50 Miles (AR50) on April 06
  3. Big Sur International Marathon (BSIM) on April 28
  4. Gold Rush 100 Km on May 11
  5. and the craziest race of them all: Tahoe Rim Trail 100 Miles (TRT100) on July 20.

WTC, AR50 and BSIM I am not too worried about. Mainly because I have run those distances before. BSIM will be my first marathon out of the Sacramento area - so I am actually looking forward to it. And secondly BSIM will be more or less a training/taper run before my first 100K run two weeks after the race.

The Gold Rush 100K will be my first 100K run. It is going to be brutally hot, but I think I should be able to survive. I have a good feeling about that race. And my finishing goal is not going to be too crazy fast to be much of a big deal.

What is giving me the woozies is the TRT100mi. It's not only a 100 mile run, its in trails with a minimum elevation of 7000 feet and a maximum of ~9000 feet. I have never trained in the mountains in that kind of elevation. So let's see what the next 28 weeks has in store for me.

I hope to stay strong and fit during my training, as the training itself is gonna require a great deal of mental and physical strength.

For emotional strength I know Ruchi will be along the way for FULL support. :D

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Good luck for all of the races. Hopefully I'll be there for the 100miles one! Can't wait! :)

    ReplyDelete