Tuesday, May 6, 2014

American River 50 miles Endurance Run - 2014

This year it was Shavi's 3rd AR50 race. I can only remember the first year he was going to do this one and I was so freaked out. Thinking about the distance was killing me! And this year it was nothing to worry about for me. I am glad that racing is going well for both of us :)

AR50 is a great race, great course and very well organized. Another good race by NorCalUltras. It is generally on the first weekend (Saturday) of April. They changed the course this year, making it all trails. Earlier it used to be half road and half trails. So, the timings of last year and this year could not be compared. It was hotter than last year but Shavi did good. He was again taking it easy to prevent injuries and be in shape for his big one coming up - WS 100 miles in June.

Another training run in the books for him.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, we were so scared the first time he did this run and this time, I didn't even wish him good luck - it all just seems like a piece of cake for Shavi now..Although, it never will be for me and this will always inspire me. Even after 3 years, I am still in awe of how he manages to complete these races so strongly!! :)

    ReplyDelete